The roots of the School of Chemical, Biological and Environmental Engineering (CBEE) at Oregon State University trace back to 1917, with the establishment of the Department of Chemical Engineering. In 2002, the bioengineering undergraduate program was moved into the department’s administration, followed in 2005 by the environmental engineering undergraduate program. The department was subsequently renamed to better reflect its activities across the three disciplines. All three undergraduate programs are accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) and Engineering Accreditation Commission. The school currently has 35 full-time faculty members who pursue a variety of research and teaching activities.