What is the Industry Advisory Board?
The OSU Industry Advisory Board comprises a group of dedicated industry representatives—many of them Oregon State alums—who serve in an advisory role in school-related planning and decision making. We seek the board's input on program design, and we look to the board for assistance in strengthening our partnerships with industry.
It's a two-way relationship
Key contributions from Industry Advisory Board members and their organizations include the following:
- Input on programmatic decisions (e.g., software to use in courses) and development of strategic documents (e.g., CBEE mission statement, program educational objectives).
- Evaluation of achievement of the program educational objectives.
- Sponsorship of senior design projects and graduate research.
- Enrichment of the programs, by giving lectures in undergraduate courses and seminars to the student club.
- Employment of our students as interns and our graduates as full-time employees.
- Financial support of the programs, through monetary contributions and donations of equipment.
- Strategies and Support for increasing participation of underrepresented groups in the School of Chemical, Biological and Environmental Engineering.
- Participation in academic and social functions (e.g., senior seminar program, research presentations, student design competitions, annual school awards and picnic, CBEE Commencement).
- Nomination of additional Advisory Board members.
Benefits of board membership include:
- Access to our best students, through screened student recruiting and company internships
- Invitations to participate in engineering career fairs and other recruiting events
- Opportunities to attend department, college-, and university-wide functions and collaboration with CBEE faculty
- Inexpensive research support for your company’s projects, through senior design projects and graduate student sponsorships
- Opportunities for close association with faculty, for example through teaching and research collaborations
- Networking opportunities with other board members
What is the time commitment for Industry Advisory Board membership?
The Advisory Board members are expected to attend meetings approximately twice a year. Further involvement in program activities (such as sponsorship of senior design projects) is welcomed.
How can I get involved?
If you have vision, commitment, and a desire to partner with Oregon State School of Chemical, Biological and Environmental Engineering —and to join our drive toward top national ranking for the OSU College of Engineering—consider serving on the OSU CBEE Industry Advisory Board. We welcome your interest and would be happy to answer any questions you might have about board participation. Please contact Elisha Brackett, School Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-737-6149.
We are grateful to the following individuals who currently serve on the OSU CBEE Industry Advisory Board:
- John Baumann, Lonza
- Tom Boubel, St. Joseph Regional Medical Center
- Michael Brady, Corning Inc. (Retired)
- Bill Byers, Diatomix
- Darry Callahan, Chevron (Retired)
- Robert Caren, Genetech
- Joseph Danko, CH2M
- Collette Gaona, Landau Associates
- Kyle Gee, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Manish Giri, Funai Corp.
- Alexander Graham, KapStone Paper and Packaging
- Lisa Graham, Alkemy Innovation
- Brad Hermanson, Hart Crowser
- Jason Hower, HP Inc.
- Peter Johnson, Tekmax Inc. (Retired)
- Adam King, Lam Research
- Brian Konen, West Linn Paper Co. and Port Hawkesbury Paper
- Sara Lambeth, Micron Technology
- Steve Locke, SLR International Corp.
- Wendy Lundeen, AECOM
- James McClure, Georgia-Pacific LLC
- Bill Michalek, Umpqua Research Co.
- Walt Pebley, OFD Foods LLC
- Monica Rodrigues-Brown, Corning Inc.
- Paramjit (Pami) Singh, KapStone Paper and Packaging
- Anthony Timson, EnerG2
- Charla Triplett, FutureBrand Speck
- Teresa Trueba Embree, HP Inc.
- Tsai-Chen Wang, WaferTech
- Don Whitehead, Brown and Caldwell